Hungarian Uprising 1956 Overview
Work from pages 128-129 in your text books
1. For what reasons did the Hungarians become opposed to Soviet control?
2. What demands did Nagy make and which of these would have been most threatening to the Soviets?
3. Why do you think Khrushchev initially removed the tanks from Budapest?
4. Why did Hungary not receive the support of the Western powers?
5. 'The Hungarian Uprising showed the Soviet's complete control of the Eastern Bloc'. How far do you agree with this view?