SS 1 - Overview of the French Revolutionary Wars 1792-1802
Using pages 25-33 in the grey books and 18-27 in the blue books, start to build a picture of the French Revolutionary Wars using the following questions as a guide.
1. Why did the French Revolution become a war between European countries?
2. What was the Levee en Masse, why was it introduced and how did it impact the effectiveness of the French Army?
3. How did the French organise their new huge army? Why did they structure it in this way?
4. Were there any major weaponry or technological developments in this period and how did they affect the conduct of war?
5. What tactics and strategy were used by the French and their enemies in this period?